In this delectable cauliflower steak recipe tutorial, learn how to transform this humble vegetable into a gourmet delight! Whether you’re a seasoned chef or just starting out in the kitchen, this recipe is perfect for anyone looking to add more plant-based options to their menu. With easy-to-follow steps and simple ingredients, you’ll be amazed at how flavorful and satisfying cauliflower can be. Impress your family and friends with this healthy, plant-based dinner idea that’s sure to become a favorite. Plus, with its versatility, you can customize the seasoning and accompaniments to suit your taste preferences.
Here’s my simple yet delicious recipe for cauliflower steak:
Cauliflower Steak Recipe
Cauliflower's mild flavor and versatile texture make it suitable for various culinary applications. It can be enjoyed raw in salads, steamed or boiled as a side dish, roasted as a flavorful snack, or blended into soups and sauces. This cauliflower steak recipe is among others a favorite. It is super easy to make and it truly is a delicious comfort food for me and the whole family.
- 1 baking tray
- 1 oven
- 1 knif
- 1 Head of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil You can use any other healthy oil such as avocado oil, walnut oil...
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion flakes
- 1 tbsp dry or fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp dry or fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp Himalayan or Celtic salt The best salt would be Celtic salt which has 84 minerals, and it also has 3 different magnesium. Himalayan salt is also a good salt, as it has 84 minerals too but it contains less magnesium. And table salt only has 2 minerals and is generally chemically treated.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Grease baking tray with half of the oil.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and trim the stem so that it sits flat on the cutting board. Carefully slice the cauliflower into 1-inch thick "steaks" starting from the center of the cauliflower.
- Place the cauliflower slices on the baking tray
- Drizzle the rest of the oil
- Sprinkle half of the rest of the ingredients one by one
- Turn over the cauliflower slices and sprinkle the rest of the ingredients
- Roast the cauliflower steaks in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until they are tender and golden brown around the edges.
- Once cooked, remove the cauliflower steaks from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the cauliflower steaks hot with your favorite sides and a squeeze of lemon juice if desired.
**Health Benefits of Cauliflower** Cauliflower, a cruciferous vegetable belonging to the Brassica oleracea species, is renowned for its numerous health benefits. Packed with essential nutrients and versatile in culinary applications, cauliflower offers a range of advantages for overall well-being. **1. Nutrient-Rich Composition:** Cauliflower is a powerhouse of nutrients, including vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B6, folate, potassium, and fiber. These nutrients play crucial roles in supporting immune function, bone health, cardiovascular health, and digestion. **2. Antioxidant Properties:** Cauliflower contains various antioxidants, such as beta-carotene, quercetin, and kaempferol, which help combat oxidative stress and inflammation in the body. These antioxidants contribute to reducing the risk of chronic diseases, including cancer, heart disease, and neurodegenerative disorders. **3. Cancer Prevention:** Cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower contain sulfur-containing compounds, such as sulforaphane and indole-3-carbinol, which have been linked to cancer prevention. These compounds help inhibit the growth of cancer cells and promote their destruction, particularly in cancers of the breast, prostate, colon, and lung. **4. Digestive Health:** With its high fiber content, cauliflower supports digestive health by promoting regular bowel movements, preventing constipation, and maintaining a healthy gut microbiota. Fiber also helps reduce the risk of digestive disorders, such as diverticulosis and colon cancer. **5. Weight Management:** Cauliflower is low in calories and carbohydrates while being rich in fiber, making it an excellent addition to weight loss and weight management diets. Its high fiber content helps promote satiety, reducing overall calorie intake and aiding in weight loss efforts. **6. Heart Health:** The nutrients present in cauliflower, such as potassium, folate, and fiber, contribute to heart health by regulating blood pressure, reducing cholesterol levels, and improving blood vessel function. Consuming cauliflower as part of a balanced diet may lower the risk of heart disease and stroke. The cauliflower stands out as a nutrient-dense vegetable with numerous health benefits, including cancer prevention, digestive health support, weight management, and heart health promotion. Incorporating cauliflower into your diet regularly can contribute to overall well-being and enhance your culinary repertoire.
You can also watch a video of this recipe by clicking on the video below: