I can’t say that I love mac and cheese because since I came to the USA I realized that there are so many ways to make mac and cheese and some are delicious but others are not all that. The best mac and cheese I ever tasted is the one my mother in law makes. It is so tasty, cheesy and creamy!
For several months now, I try to avoid cow milk consumption and to decrease my carbs consumption. The mac n cheese recipe that I share below is not only vegan and healthy but it really is tasty, creamy and it also tastes super cheesy.
Vegan Cauliflower Mac and Cheese – SUPER CREAMY !!!
- 2 Cauliflowers
- 1 cup cashew nuts (previously soaked for 8 hours (overnight))
- 6 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tsp onion powder
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp paprika
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vegan shredded cheese
- Cut the cauliflowers into macaroni size pieces
- Place in a microwavable large bowl and microwave 5 minutes to soften
- Place 3/4 of the cauliflowers in a baking pan
- In a mixer, mix the 1/4 of the cauliflowers, 1 cup soaked cashews, 6 tbsp nutritional yeast, 3 tbsp cornstarch, 3 tsp onion powder, 3 tsp garlic powder, 3 tsp paprika, 3 tsp salt, 2 tsp Dijon mustard and1 cup water, until smooth consistency.
- Place the mixture into the pan and stir with the cauliflowers.
- Add some vegan shredded cheese on top
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375°F