Who likes strawberries? And who like cheesecakes? I have a recipe for you that is amazingly delicious, and guess what!! It is vegan! Yeaaah! This recipe and the photos were given to me by my talented friend Debra. She makes very tasty and beautiful cakes that are vegan and which are healthy alternatives to most cakes we can find in bakeries and shops. She is located in Brooklyn, but you can also find her on Instagram at @Heavensdelight2000, and you can contact her by email at email@example.com.
I’m sure that you can’t wait to get the recipe, and here it is!!
Raw Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake
- 1 cup Almonds
- 5 dates
- 5 dried Apricots
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 cups Strawberries
- 2 cups Cashews
- 1/4 cup coconut cream ( the top part of a tin of coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Maple syrup/ honey/ Agave (sweetener of your choice… You can also adjust the sweetener to your taste…. For diabetics use dates.)
TO MAKE CRUST
- In Food Processor blend
- Almonds into a rough chop
- Add the Dates, Apricots, and Maple syrup and blend until it becomes a sticky consistency… ( if not add some more Dates or Apricots.
- Press the mixture into your cake pan place in the refrigerator to get a little firm.
TO MAKE FILLING
- Soak the cashews overnight or 6hrs ( you want them to be plump)
- To begin making filling pour off the water from cashews rinse them and dry off excess water with clean cheese towel or paper towel.
- Add it to your blender.
- Then add all other ingredient except the strawberries.
- Blend until it is somewhat smooth not all the way creamy.
- Add the strawberries and then blend until creamy.
- Remove crust from refrigerator and pour your filling into pan.
- Place in the freezer.
- Let it freeze for 2 to 4 hours or overnight depending on when you want to eat it.
- You can garnish with fresh strawberries or a berry sauce.
TO EAT: Let the cake sit at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the size of cake ( sometimes longer if it was frozen for a while). Eat and Enjoy!
Cut leftovers into slices, wrap them in saran wrap and place them back in the freezer.
Here are some other “pieces of art” from Debra that you can also find on her Instagram profile.