TOTAL: 75 MINUTES, SERVES 10
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole large onion, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp peeled and grated ginger
- 3 whole garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp all-purpose seasoning
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1.5 lbs baby potatoes
- 2 cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 whole red bell peppers, diced
- 4 carots, peeled and choped
- 1 big tomato, diced
- 10 oz baby spinach
- 13.5 oz coconut milk, full fat
- Cooked jasmin rice (or quinoa)
Heat the olive oil in the bottom of a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion with 1 tsp of salt and cook until the onions are translucent.
Add 1/2 tbsp all-purpose seasoning, the brown sugar, the curry, the ginger, the garlic, the black pepper and the cayenne powder and stir well until fragrant. Pour in the water and stir again.
Add the baby potatoes, the carrots, the chickpeas, the red pepper, the tomato and 1/2 tbsp all-purpose seasoning. Stir well and bring to a boil. Cover and let simmer for about 50 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
Add the coconut milk and the baby spinash. You can add some salt and pepper at your taste. Serve with jasmine rice or quinoa.