- 2 cup coconut milk (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups unbleached flour + extra for kneading
- In a large bowl, add coconut milk, brown sugar, and salt. Stir well.
- Add the 4 cups of flour and mix well until the dough is not sticky anymore.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead during a few minutes. Add more flour if needed until the dough feels smooth.
- Bake at 350 F for about 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Let the bread cool down for a few minutes before eating it.
“Great care should be taken when the change is made from a flesh meat to a vegetarian diet, to supply the table with wisely prepared, well-cooked articles of food. So much porridge eating is a mistake. The dry food that requires mastication is far preferable. The health food preparations are a blessing in this respect. Good brown bread and rolls, prepared in a simple manner, yet with painstaking effort, will be healthful. Bread should never have the slightest taint of sourness. It should be cooked until it is thoroughly done. Thus all softness and stickiness will be avoided.” – Ellen G White
Feel comfortable to leave a message below if you have any question or request.
This turned out super dense…would that be the result of too much kneading?
Hi! I am so sorry for the very late reply. Yes it is possible. Or what flour did you use?