This recipe is taken from the book: OVERSEAS PLANT-BASED CUISINE – Around the world in more than 100 Simple Vegan Recipes
Lemon flavored date ball
- 16 medium dates
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 10 pistachios chopped
- 10 dry cranberries chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 cooking spray
- Soften the dates in warm water for 10 minutes, then drain.
- Place the dates, almond butter and 1 tbsp of lemon zest in food processor and pulse until a smooth paste forms.
- Spray clean hands with the cooking spray and press equal portions into small balls to make about 8 date balls.
- Roll each ball in the pistachios, cranberries, coconut flakes, lemon zest or orange zest.